As I lay on Sea Eyes' bed, I heard the approach of another human. It was a middle-aged woman, brunette, tall, and a demeanor characterized by a practical life. As soon as she saw me, her face went from composed to quite the opposite. She started yelling at Sea Eyes, calling her "chloe", and pointing from me to the window. "Chloe", as she was called, started talking very fast and soon the other human stopped yelling. Then she said something emphatically and walked out.
It was in this point in time that I wished I knew what they had said. I could only ponder the significance of my not being shooed out. Soon Chloe walked over and started stroking me, speaking in soft tones. One look at her eyes told me everything; no one else had known of my visits, but despite the surprise I was still able to stay. Her continued speech with a repeating pattern of intonation made me think I was here only at her promise to do copious amounts of duties, because it sounded like she was listing them at me. This speculation made me pause - maybe this human stuff wasn't so hard to learn after all.
Later she let me out of the room. I took this time to entertain second thoughts about getting so deeply involved with these doltish beings. However the thought of returning to the streets, constantly foraging for food and heat, quickly dissipated my doubts. I simply couldn't give up the meat scraps at the nearby human eating facility, though. I would have to lead a double life, eating from both worlds, sleeping in one and getting occasional pleasure from the other.
In any case, I decided to finally test out the famed human beds for a night. Oh, was it the most blissful sleep I ever had the chance to enjoy.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment