Monday, May 12, 2008

Seven: A Rude Awakening

Humans possess a grossly inaccurate belief that all cats have a natural predator side to them that automatically sufaces at the soonest glance of anything that might remotely resemble "prey". They also believe that this predatory "alter-ego" is fascinating to watch. I often hear my peers scoff at humans' repetitive tellings of any related personal anecdote, or fact to that effect.
I only speak of this aggravating, commonplace characteristic due to the fact that only two days after I had first slumbered on Sea Eyes' bed, the gained comfort of which I can only describe as celestial, I was cruelly rent from my doze and callously dumped on the floor in front of...a window, one that overlooked a street scene, a feature of which was a bird. There was absolutely nothing special about the bird. I chose this moment of opportunity to play dumb, despite Sea Eyes' repeated excited instructions to look out of the window. I nearly laughed at her frustration when I looked at her pointed finger with disinterest instead of the "singing chicken". However, this tool of amusement that doubles as a mild restitution for lost sleep is highly unoriginal; it has been utilized by many before me, and likely will be for many after. Hey, you can never kill a classic. I love thwarting humans' attempts at creating a fascinating nature experience right in the comfort of their own living room. When they try to produce an end that justifies a horrid means (namely, waking me up), and that end is taken away, it's great to see the result of a deserved fate: a long face.
How's that for inaccurate belief?

No comments: