Possibly the only issue on which humans have a correct understanding is that all other life forms on this planet are, at one point or another, striving to escape their custody. They do give up eventually, but attemps at freedom, whether initially or ultimately, can be expected to occur. Why? Human capture, or even interaction, is the single most undesirable experience known to all animals. Well, all animals in their right minds. Disease-carrying squirrels that start black plagues don't exactly share the aversion to little girls that us cats possess.
So when I returned to Sea Eyes after my little outing, I wasn't surprised to find her in tears, under the impression that I had run away. Of course, when she spotted me, she couldn't resist her instincual urge to strangle me via "hug". This time sharp, pointy force was necessary to obtain normal respiration performance.
Unfortunately, I hadn't taken into account the usual human reaction to my action: prevention from a future occurrence. Sea Eyes immediately shut the window and her door, never to open them again for the next two days. That is, until my bodily functions could be put off no longer; my detainment was then rapidly reversed, to my pleasure.
I'm just glad now that things are back to normal, despite the wonderful time I had with Grifick. But his parting words still echo in my head:
"You don't have to go back, you know."
"I know. But going back means realizing my dream of living the high life."
"The high life is where you make it. If you wanted, you could...you could make it here, now...with me.
"I want to be your escape, Kaiten."
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment