Sunday, February 17, 2008

Three: An Evil Plan

You'd probably think that all cats have an insidious, self-serving master plan, but let's face it - most of the house cats that you interact with have brains that are too clogged with fat that they are ostensibly incapable of any cognitive endeavor. However, amongst any experienced stray, this is ordinarily the case. Such as I, for example. Whether the goal is the cozy life, or your next meal, you have to have a plan in order to survive. This is the law of brain and claw. All smart cats know this, and this is why when you try to feed a forlorn-looking stray kitty in a feeble attempt at planting the seed of companionship, you somehow feel used and pawn-like after the cat eats and then scrams, or in especially genius and cruel cases, eats and comes back, and then scrams after a week or so of such a routine. The simple truth is this: us cats? We're heartbreakers. Furry, cuddly, cutesy heartbreakers. And that is the way it'll always be, whether it's a stray running away after a new relationship, or your long-time pet putting itself before you in a situation, cats will break your heart. The only fool in these interactions is the human who thinks their cat loves them profusely, and will never leave their side, for better or worse. Please - your cat loves you because everyone knows not to bite the hand that feeds it. You give your cat food, warmth, protection, health care, fuzzy toys, and your undying love. Who wants to give that up?

And Sea Eyes is the same way. Only I won't run away. I will squeeze all the room and board I can get out of this thing, and when I do I'll be the cat every other stray looks up to, a regular city girl. And all the guys down in the alley will say, "hey, isn't that Kaiten? Boy, she definitely knows how to work those big, stupid bozos."

It may not be much for a peak of an existence, but hey - every sinister plan has to end somewhere.

No comments: